I agree with you that tagmethods/metatables are too complex and if there's
something that can be done there, it's a Good Thing(tm).

I've worked around most of the edges for my projects but the main issue
really is the _learning_curve_ for newcomers to Lua. If we want people to
embrace this magnificient language, it must be simple enough to do so.

	SUGGESTION:

	- Keep tagmethod/metatable stuff separate from 'basic Lua' in the
Book
	  (if it ever comes out) and other documentation. Make it an
appendix,
	  later chapters, whatever...

Now the not-so-often-needed-stuff pops up all too early in the Lua 5.0
specs. Okay, it's the specs but it's also the #1 place where newcomers look
for information on Lua.

-ak