Hi,

> Sorry, it just clicked in my head that your were
> referring to a statically linked stdio, not Lua.

That's the one!  I do (almost) all of my development using Borland CBuilder
so I can't really help you figure out how VC6 offers the std lib (if this
caused the problem in the first place.)  It will probably even depend on
other project settings (single/multi threaded and so on.)  I had a quick
look at the distributed lua(lib).dll and these seem to pull their stdio
stuff from the runtime msvcrt.dll.

Bye,
Wim