No I have only been keeping one instance of Lua on my
computer to avoid this possibility. I make sure to
wipe everything and I haven't built Lua statically
into any of my projects.

I have also verified this crashing behavior with the
stock dll on other Windows computers.

As for stdout/stderr on Windows, in VC6, if you are
using a console application, it gets mapped to the
console. If you are using a generic Windows
application, a stdout.txt and stderr.txt get created
and the streams go there. I don't do MFC so I don't
know about it, but I think it also does the
stdout.txt/stderr.txt thing.

-Eric