On 19 Jan 2003, at 23:58, Eero Pajarre wrote:

> Rob Kendrick wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 09:12:25PM +0200, Eero Pajarre wrote:
> >

> >>When compiled without /Oa and Intel compiler my application
> >>on whole does not run noticeably faster than when compiled
> >>with the Microsoft compiler. (actually it is little slower)
> >

> > Which version of the Microsoft compiler are you using?  ICC 4.5 is
> > rather old, and Microsoft's compilers are historically rather good,
> > although they have the obvious limitation of being Windows-only
> > targetting.
> >

> I am using VC++ 6.0 (I think that was the latest before the
> current .net version). The Intel compiler was the last
> before they split the VTune+Compiler package (and upgraded
> the price at the same time)
>
> I am going to use some time to some performance tuning on my
> application, I will report here if I find out something Lua
> related.
>
>    Eero

Eero:

This will be great. I act very poorly with any kind of C/C++ stuff. In
fact, I'm planning use Lua stand-alone *only*. My Lua v5ß was built
with MinGW v3.2 and it's working ok. Somehow, I still think it could go
a little faster... I'd appreciate any help on this compiler (MinGW) or
any other for Windows (I also have Watcom 11.0c, though uninstalled).

Kind regards,

-- Euler
--
 /"\  The ASCII ribbon      | Euler GERMAN
 \ /  campaign against HTML | Caixa Postal 232