Rob Kendrick wrote:
On Sun, Jan 19, 2003 at 09:12:25PM +0200, Eero Pajarre wrote:

When compiled without /Oa and Intel compiler my application
on whole does not run noticeably faster than when compiled
with the Microsoft compiler. (actually it is little slower)

Which version of the Microsoft compiler are you using?  ICC 4.5 is
rather old, and Microsoft's compilers are historically rather good,
although they have the obvious limitation of being Windows-only
targetting.

I am using VC++ 6.0 (I think that was the latest before the
current .net version). The Intel compiler was the last
before they split the VTune+Compiler package (and upgraded
the price at the same time)

I am going to use some time to some performance tuning on my
application, I will report here if I find out something Lua
related.

			Eero