Vincent Penne:
> This is strange, I don't get the same behaviour ... How do you execute
> this piece of code ? I do write it into a file an then run the
> standalone lua on it with the following command line :
> lua test.lua

I double-clicked on "lua" and typed the code into the window.

Hmm... and now it seems to work! =:-O

This is despite me repeatedly (and carefully) trying it previously with the
mentioned odd results. I guess it shall remain a mystery for the moment
unless I can get the problem to reoccur in a repeatable way.

Thanks for looking at it.

*cheers*
Peter Hill.