Nick Trout wrote:
> > indent.size.*.lua=4
> > tab.size.*.lua=4
> > use.tabs.*.lua=1
> > for example. Where is the problem?
>
> Great. This wasnt working when I last looked and I cant see it easily in
the
> change log for the last few versions. I see there was a new version out
> yesterday as well.

AFAIK, it works for quite some time. IIRC, I added independent settings for
file formats and buffers, I can't remember when. IMHO I use too much
abbreviations :-)
It was a long wanted feature, I add to add it myself :-) Sometime I can find
time to do things I want to do and really, really want... Even more when
they are easy to do. Alas, that's not the case with Lua integration (easy
perhaps, but quite lengthly I fear).

> I understand about the time. I am frequently frustrated in my own projects
> by higher priority tasks and lack of time. I am grateful for the excellent
> little editor and would love to see Lua embedded, rather than added as a
> DLL. I looked into this a while ago but there was some complication with
> just adding Lua.

Well, even if Lua is my prefered scripting language, I don't want to force
my preferences on everybody... So I though: 1) It would be nice to allow users
to choose their prefered language. 2) For quick edits, I don't want to load
the whole Lua code, even if it is ridiculously small in regard to other
softwares. :-)
Now, like Sc1 has integrated Scintilla, perhaps we can make a version
integrating Lua as well.

If you feel adventurous, you can download the Lua support from the Scintilla
CVS and see if it still works. It is quite old, but at least corresponding
support code is still conditionally present in the current sources.

Regards.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)

http://www.gmx.net