>> up C/C++ functions for use in Lua.

Unfortunately, even with that , is only the tip of the iceberg. If you want
to get serious about this, you should ,I think, talk about implementing a
scripting engine arround Lua , where
you have to talk about implementing disptachers using 4.0 version of Lua, go
and talk about multithreading in 5.0 which will make your life easier with
respect to multiple scripts execution, talk about scripted action queues,
flushing & combining  action queues,  events and listener objects, entity
(game actors)  state control through scripting,  state serialization
(saving) of scripts running , which aint trivial, and so on, there is a
hughe list of things to talk about, ( or for that matter,  actualy design a
scripting engine using Lua, and implement it).

It's extremly seldom in games where you control everything through a single
script using a single scripting "execution thread".  In fact, I think that
such a designed is flawed from start,
and wont work for anything but extremly simple scenarios.
Lua has a good manual, which explains how to set up Lua, call functions from
C , using it's advanced features,  I think there is no need to rewrite that
in an article called "Using Lua for games" or you can touch them extremly
briefly and durect the reader to Lua manual. Focus on real problems which
are encountered when building a game scripting engine arround Lua, youll
have enough to talk about, and the article will be much more usefull than an
article reprinting the obivious from the Lua manual.

just my 2 cents, Dan