I am interested in using LUA in an "Event-Driven" environment. I want
my C program to load a lua source-file, call LUA functions defined in
the LUA source and then analyse the values returned from these
functions. In this way, I hope to provide a way for users to set the
parameters that control the subsequent behaviour of the C program.

Is this a reasonable use of LUA? Has anyone implemented anything
similar? I would welcome any advice on issues such as
garbage-collection and the stack interface, when LUA is used in this way.

Regards

David Fowle