>Any chance someone could produce a version of the 4.0 reference manual
>which has more reasonable fonts as its primary text token, like
>Helvetica perhaps?  I have the PDF, and its content is very useful and
>informative, but the font kind of smears out and is very hard on
>the eyes.

You mean, to read on the screen? It should be fine when printed. I'm sorry,
that PDF file contains bitmap fonts, insteads of outline fonts. We've since
fixed this is the production of PDF versions of the manual, but never redid
the 4.0 manual. Sorry about that. (Plus, right now we're focusing on releasing
5.0 alpha, and so redoing the 4.0 manual is not a high priority. Sorry again.)
--lhf