On Wed, Jun 12, 2002 at 10:25:30PM +0100, Reuben Thomas wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce updated RPMs of Lua 4.0. The highlights are:
[snip]

And now, to jump on the bandwagon a little, I am pleased to announce updated
Debian packages for Lua 4.0

You can find them at http://users.pepperfish.org/dsilvers/lua/

Unfortunately I can't announce anything magical. The changelog for the
change is:

lua40 (4.0-5) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Applied the Lua 4.0 official patchset -- Corrects the following flaws:
     - Fixed a bug in lua_pushuserdata(L, NULL)
     - Give a good chance for GC before parsing
     - Fixed a bug (did not accept ;' after a return')
     - Fixed a bug in rawget and rawset (seg. fault if given extra arguments)
     - Fixed a bug in dostring (identification of precompiled chunks)

 -- Daniel Silverstone <dsilvers@debian.org>  Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:22:30 +0100

Which is, of course, nothing you don't already know.

The packages are built on unstable, but should work fine on Woody. It might
be a push to get them working on potato without a rebuild, but it might be
possible. Depends on debhelper really :)

Regards,

Daniel

--
Daniel Silverstone                               http://www.digital-scurf.org/
Hostmaster, Webmaster, and Chief Code Wibbler          Digital-Scurf Unlimited