I just try to minimize allocations, and disable the garbage collector, to
run it only when I find it appropiate. This is what Unreal I originally did,
it only called the gd when the level changes. I think there were some post
about how he coded a new garbage collector for UT in a public mailing
list...

Ignacio Castaño
castanyo@yahoo.es