I've dabbled very lightly with Lua, and right now I need to bite the
bullet and switch to a 100% script driven game architecture.  My first
inclination is that Lua is the way to go, but because of my lack of
experience with Lua and the lack of complete documentation, I'm nervous
as hell going in that direction.

Python is the obvious alternative, but part of me feels like that would
almost be a step backwards.  Python's big advantage is that it's so
huge and popular that getting support (books, packages, etc.) is
trivial.

I don't want a flame fest on the issue, but would appreciate comments
on pros and cons of the two different languages for those that have
used both, because once I make this decision, I'm kinda committed =|

Thanks,

Brian