Your Name wrote:
I don't want a flame fest on the issue, but would appreciate comments on pros and cons of the two different languages for those that have used both, because once I make this decision, I'm kinda committed =|

You left out some vital info about your project, like whether you are on a PC or game console. Assuming you have the luxury of a fast CPU, virtual memory, and hard disk storage, the vast library resources of Python could help get your project completed sooner. If you don't have those luxuries, Python is not an option.

By the way, the Lua documentation looks complete from here :-).

-John

--
OpenPGP encrypted mail welcome.