> Make works for most systems.

Windoze isnt "most systems" ;-D It is a pain the MS go off and do their own
thing. Its quite often for no benefit. But then theres Mac, RISCOS, and
other systems (I've no idea how they work, sorry) that should be catered
for. I suppose my point is that Lua should easily build on any ANSI C system
but not all ANSI C systems cater for the *nix make file format.

> Whatever the easy way of
> adding libraries is, it shouldn't rely on make (but with make
> it should be
> completely automatic).

Jim Mathies:
>> However, relying on unix make file system for core functionality is bad
because then it becomes a nightmare to get things running in VC++.

I'm not saying it should be relied on, merely that you should be able to
unzip Lua, cd to Lua and nmake Lua as easily as you can make Lua using *nix.
The authors have an interest in expanding the awareness of Lua, making it
easy to build and play with is a good start. It is awkward supplying DSW/DSP
files because of the paths you mention but if you're careful they are all
relative and for the vanilla build ;-) it would be straight forward (and
lets face it - VC is the make of the win32 empire and should be catered
for).

Regards,
Nick