> Try writing clean docs instead? :)

I don't understand. I'd like a way of easily building in extra libs (where
"easily" doesn't involve fiddling in source files). This isn't possible at
the moment, no matter how well you document the procedure. It could be
made to work without make (forget make, that was an irrelevance!): have a
config file listing the libs you want that then is read by a Lua script
and mangles the sources on your behalf. Or more simply, just have a
config.c file whose contents is #included into the initialisation
function.

A tiny little bit of extra mechanism that simplifies building. config.c
could even have default contents of installing the standard libraries,
making it obvious how to edit by example, and allowing those who don't
want the standard libraries to easily configure them out.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | Slow Pedestrian Crossing