                         One-Day Workshop on
                     Design of Libraries for Lua
                     (with Roberto Ierusalimschy)

                         Tuesday, February 19
                          Harvard University

The design of the embedded programming language Lua (http://www.lua.org)
shows the results of almost ten years' worth of careful thought and
attention from the designers.  The standard library that accompanies
Lua, however, has not received comparable attention.  As users of the
language, we have an interest in improving the library.  We are
therefore holding a (short) one-day workshop to develop suggestions
for improvements in the library.  Backwards compatibility is not a
requirement; we are free to scrap everything and start over if we
want!  (We will stick to the current language definition,
however---only the library is up for grabs.)  We will be fortunate
enough to have with us Roberto Ierusalimschy, one of Lua's chief
designers.

We anticipate working from about 10 to 4, with a short break for
lunch.  This is intended to be a working meeting, not a day of talks
and panels, and we hope to emerge with very concrete, specific
suggestions for the Lua team.  For that reason, enrollment will be
limited to about 20 people.

Please let us know if you would like to participate in this workshop.
Send email to Christian Lindig <lindig@eecs.harvard.edu> or reply to
this message.  We would like to hear from you by Friday, February 8.

Norman Ramsey