On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Daniel Silverstone wrote:

> I need to make sure that all the stuff I write is for 40 and 41 though :)
>
> Unfortunately I am using 41 in all my new projects 'cos I can track 4.1
> development with the -work releases fine (unless we're waiting about 9
> months for 4.1 in which case I'll just have to freeze at 4.1-work3)
>
> If the lua40 package is up to scratch for unstable/testing I'll put it in
> and adapt my 41 packages to say 41 instead of 4

These load ideas sound wonderful, and I would be quite happy with a simple
one that requires a bit of extra work to load if it means it comes
sooner. However, I have much the same problem as M. Silverstone as I've
switched all work over to 4.1-work3.

While it may seem unsafe to use a work verion for production work, it
seems as if the work3 verison is at least as solid as any production
software I've every used.

The "problem" is that the changes is 4.1 are so useful that I can't make
myself switch back to 4.0 or in some cases to 3.2 to get access to some of
the add-ons. Having the loadlib work for 4.1-work3 would make me a happy
person. Optionally making it work for the final 4.1, if it came out
relatively soon, would make me pretty happy.

I know how much work finalizing a version is in terms of documentation and
such, so I'm not saying it should be completed right away. I guess I'm
just impatient.

  - Tom Wrensch