> I've included what you've sent. Please feel free to check & send fixes
> (if possible patches on
http://cvsweb.tuxfamily.org/cvs/language-study/syntax-across-languages.html.pl?cvsroot=language-study)

I have no easy access to CVS across the Web, so I will comment "manually"...

Since HTML format seems to have slightly changed, I had to copy/paste from
the browser to a text editor before doing a diff.

Since there are a lot of changes, I will probably miss some issues.

- I am not sure of what is a "sequence", but if it is an instruction
separator, end-of-line is a sequence in Lua, ie. ';' is optional.

- dictionary constructor: { a=b, c=d }
dictionary access: a[e]

I don't know if the changes come from lhf (if this is the case, I accept
them ;-), but I wrote { a="b", c="d" } and a["e"], because the above syntax
works only if b, d and e are variables with non-nil values. And in this case,
a[e] isn't the same thing than a.e

Perhaps keep format (with tostring) for the "convert something to a string"
entry, since C's printf is listed.

The "anything not false" entry for booleans is not in the new version.
This will probably need an update for Lua 4.1.

There is no round function in Lua.

Meanwhile, I added a number of entries for JavaScript. I am not an expert in
this language, far from it, but I tried most of the entries I wrote.
Sorry, it is just an updated version of the *old* HTML file, I fear you will
have to do a diff to see my changes (and discard some errors from the old
version).

Regards.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)