Philippe Lhoste <PhiLho@gmx.net> writes:

[...]

> - I am not sure of what is a "sequence", but if it is an instruction
> separator, end-of-line is a sequence in Lua, ie. ';' is optional.

do you mean ";" is optional at end-of-line?

> - dictionary constructor: { a=b, c=d }
> dictionary access: a[e]
>
> I don't know if the changes come from lhf (if this is the case, I accept
> them ;-), but I wrote { a="b", c="d" } and a["e"], because the above syntax
> works only if b, d and e are variables with non-nil values. And in this case,
> a[e] isn't the same thing than a.e

i don't think such a differentiation goes along with the goal of
syntax-across-languages.

> Perhaps keep format (with tostring) for the "convert something to a string"
> entry, since C's printf is listed.

I may add the format&printf type of functions, but not together with plain
tostring functions.

Where did you find C's sprintf? I don't have it!!

> The "anything not false" entry for booleans is not in the new version.

and what's it for the new version?

[...]

> Meanwhile, I added a number of entries for JavaScript. I am not an expert in
> this language, far from it, but I tried most of the entries I wrote.

added.

thanks!

--
Pixel