Please, this discussion has been opened, closed, kicked, slashed, hashed,
reopened, rediscussed and eventually jammed into soft peat for 3 months and
recycled as firestarters. Do we really need to start another holey debate
about how lua (surprise!) isn't like every other languge, or that 50% of us
want the language to stay as it is and the other 50% of us want it to work
like all the other languges we're "comfortable" with. Along with all the
reasons for so, such as, it makes things easier, less prone to bugs, don't
want to work around it on your own, it's unclean, it seems somehow
unnatural.

Proposals were made for this a long time ago (check the archives). I'm
pretty sure some conclusion was reached, but we have yet to see anything
from it.