On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 12:07:49PM -0800, Chris.Kaiser@peoplefirst.com wrote:
> heh, Chief Systems Architect. ;) He built the original system
> that has since outgrown its abilities.. We were looking at XML
> too, as well as what .NET might offer since we're stuck living
> in the MS world. But he's skittish about anything interpreted.
> He doesn't even want the rules living in the database for retrieval.
>
> Compiled C++.

Another snippit... it will be alot better to automatically generate
C++ than to automatically generate Lua. If the Lua code is bad in some
way, it'll die a mysterious death every once in a while when the
codepath runs. If you generate bad C++ code, half the time it'll be a
compile error.

I would just make some rigid rules about how the generated code deals
with memory management to prevent memory errors.

If you are already on windows, you could consider generating C# instead.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net