My own .02 worth:

Drop the HTML email messages.  It's just a bad idea.  If you need a fancy, formatted document then write it in word or whatever and send it as an
attachment.

I don't care about pretty fonts or bold text or any of that other junk.  In fact, my email tool barfs on that junk.  HTML doesn't buy you anything when it comes
to email.  It doesn't provide "compatibility", if it did this thread would not continue.  All it provides is bloat.  So what is the point?

In all fairness, I guess if you use your email tool to write you HTML pages for your website.....nah... no one would be that silly.

Take Care

Terry