> So _VERSION is already there; it's set in the baselib.

I have two complaints about this: 1. It's not documented (AFAICS); 2. It
should be available on a vanilla system; you shouldn't need to have a
library included. (A minor quibble, perhaps?)

> BTW, the tinsert bug appears to be present in 4.1alpha too.
>
> IMHO the bug is the calling convetion on tinsert itself.

Well no, at the moment it doesn't behave as described in the manual. That's
a bug in the implementation.

> The statement
>
>   tinsert(x, foo())
>
> does completely different this when foo returns 1 or 2 results.

Plenty of functions do that; I don't have a problem with it.

--
http://sc3d.org/rrt/ | computation, n.  automated pedantry