Josh Jensen wrote:
> This is an excellent idea.  Having a POSIX library that runs
> against the Lua 4.1 build would be superb.  I'm always
> modifying our internal Lua.exe to add new features, such as
> directory recursion.  Having this in a more portable form
> would be superb.

Just a clarification about my original message... I was thinking more along
the lines of a platform-independent interpreter (like Python/Perl are if you
limit yourself to use of certain libraries).  That's why I said POSIX-like
functionality, not POSIX library.  I also see no reason to tie it to linux
like "Lua-Linux".

By the way I left out one item from the base requirements: dynamic library
support.

-John