On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 11:58:46PM +0900, John Belmonte wrote:
> Don't all OS's have to deal with the issue of identifying binary files so
> the correct viewer or interpreter can be called?

Sorry, sorry. ``*NIX and work-alikes compatible''. I made the (possibly
incorrect) assumption that a fairly large portion of the group wanting
to use lua as a stand-alone scripting language would be doing this
under something that supported the #! convention. (heck, even macos X
and cygwin under windows support it) By binfmt I presumed you were
talking about Linux's binfmt-misc kernel support.

--
  -/
 |/|  Julian Squires <tek@wiw.org>
 /-