> Some things to consider:
>
> * Several robust wiki's are just a single cgi script.

I like the DolphinWiki.  No real documentation, but it has a very flexible
template-based approach that can be extended nicely.  It's in Perl, but
don't hold that against it...  8-)

> * If there was a wiki at tecgraf / lua.org, the Lua
> authors would lose the complete control they
> currently have over the site content.

Nope.  There is nothing intrinsic about Wiki and Wiki-like systems that
*requires* public access.  While it is certainly true that "out of the box"
most Wiki and Wiki-like software grants public access to allow anyone to
edit anything, that is more an artifact of the Wiki community's expectations
rather than some intrinsic feature about the software.  I run two Wiki
systems that only I have the ability to edit.

Most Wiki software doesn't have any built-in security.  So you either have
to add it, or you use the protections provided by your web server's
authentication.  Given that most Wiki implementations are ridiculously
simple, it's often not a hard thing to add.

> * Lua is an embedded language, and so code is not
> generally portable.  This limits the effectiveness
> of exchanging sample code.

I don't understand this claim.  I've seen (and contributed) plenty of code
in this mailing list that I've been able to apply.  Certainly if someone
writes code that is highly specific to their application, then it probably
won't be of much use.  But even in those cases, sometimes seeing a technique
used by someone else triggers an idea in how to more effectively use Lua.