> > [1] I actually don't know which systems offer these functions.  They
> > are part of the POSIX standard but afaics not required.  My system
> > at least does not have them (old Linux).  It would be nice if
> > someone could tell me which system support them.  Solaris?  Win?
> > Newer Linux?  Probably a look whether <ucontext.h> with prototypes
> > for these functions exists is enough...
>

> AIX 4.3: All functions available.
> IRIX 5.3: All functions available.
> SunOS 5.5: All functions available.

SunOS 5.6: all available and working
HPUX 11: all available and working
OSF1 v4.0: all available and working

Linux: has include files but no implementation (at least Mandrake 7.2)
FreeBSD: has a buggy declaration of ucontext_t in ucontext.h and no
associated getcontext/setcontext function, nor implementation it would
seem.

It would look like our commercial Unix friends have a headstart on free
Unices on that one...

--
Nicolas