> [1] I actually don't know which systems offer these functions.  They
> are part of the POSIX standard but afaics not required.  My system
> at least does not have them (old Linux).  It would be nice if someone
> could tell me which system support them.  Solaris?  Win?  Newer Linux?
> Probably a look whether <ucontext.h> with prototypes for these functions
> exists is enough...

AIX 4.3: All functions available.
IRIX 5.3: All functions available.
SunOS 5.5: All functions available.

Linux Red Hat 6.1
-----------------

getcontext/setcontext/swapcontext/makecontext are all defined in
<ucontext.h>, although there are man pages only for getcontext and
setcontext and the linker says:

/tmp/ccfrjprH.o: In function `main':
/tmp/ccfrjprH.o(.text+0x13): warning: getcontext is not implemented and will always fail
/tmp/ccfrjprH.o(.text+0xe): warning: setcontext is not implemented and will always fail
/tmp/ccfrjprH.o(.text+0x4): warning: makecontext is not implemented and will always fail
/tmp/ccfrjprH.o(.text+0x9): warning: swapcontext is not implemented and will always fail

In other words, functions not available (yet?).

Hope that helps.

-- Cassino