On Wednesday, April 11, 2001, at 06:17 AM, Stephen Adam wrote:

    But I'd like to see a small system suitable for developing small
windows programs.  Perhaps someone already knows of such a
system?  The kind of thing I have in mind would be like a small
application with a set of Windows system calls available to LUA,
and perhaps a simple database, sockets perhaps...  Nothing too
complex or advanced.

    A LUA source or bytecode file could be associated with the
application so that a double click would start the LUA program
executing.  Perhaps a different copy of the runtime environment
application could be started for every LUA execution.  An easy
way to multitask LUA programs. :)))

You might want to take a look at our lua project (http://www.yindo.com/).
It can do most of what you describe and more.

Steve