On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 10:21:53PM -0300, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
> >2) a.next and a.prev can't handle very large lists.  I originally
> >   wanted to do 500000 iterations of the list_append_test, but
> >   Lua3.2 and Lua4.0a both segfault when I try that many iterations.
> >   (Do you have any idea why?)
>
> I'll see if I can find out, but at 500000 iterations this is likely a
> C stack overflow.

I don't understand. It's just in a while-loop. While would it overflow
the C-stack?

> >> Lua 4.0 wil have this in the form
> >> 	for i,v in {a,b,c} do ... end
> >>
> >Is it using next() order or numeric order?
>
> next() order, but much faster than a a while-next loop.

Hmm.. I don't know how useful that'll be given that you can't control
the order of next() elements...Which leads right back to my desire for
an ordered link-list datatype. Perhaps you could expose enough about
the next() linking behavior of tables to give determinstic ordering.

--
David Jeske (N9LCA) + http://www.chat.net/~jeske/ + jeske@chat.net