> Would it be possible for tolua to give more
> informative error messages?  I.e. indication of what exactly is causing parse
> errors, rather than just printing out the string it was reading when the parse
>
> error occured...

tolua uses a very simple parser. I will try to improve the parse error messages,

but there is no plan to have a C++ parser inside it.
could you send me part of the pkg file where tolua detected such errors?

btw, thanks for pointing out the way tolua is wrongly mapping global variables,
I will fix it following lhf suggestion.

-- waldemar