> Date:          Tue, 18 Mar 1997 13:18:05 -0300
> From:          Mark@nlcc.demon.co.uk (Mark Ian Barlow)
> To:            j.p.fletcher@aston.ac.uk
> Subject:       Re: suggestions for new version

> In message <199703180948.GAA00562@ibere.tecgraf.puc-rio.br> lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br writes:
>
> <snip>
>  > What about output to a C++ ostream object?
>  >
>  > I have some luaL code to create a HTML document in a file declared as
>  > a C++ output stream.  I can't send lua objects directly to it, but
>  > have to lua routines with e.g. string arguments which are passed at
>  > the C++ level to the object.
>  >
>  > John
>
> Probably more elegant, but requires a C++ cross-compiler for the target, or
> manual use of Cfront on the host. C++ compilers for popular chips *are*
> becoming more available, but there's a lot of people in comp.arch.embedded
> complianing about astronomical prices at the moment...

I didn't mean necessarily in your situation, but in general.

John
Dr John P. Fletcher          Tel: (44) 121 359 3611 ext 4625
Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry (CEAC),
Aston University,            Fax: (44) 121 359 4094
Aston Triangle,              Email: J.P.Fletcher@ASTON.AC.UK
BIRMINGHAM B4 7ET  U.K.
CEAC Web site http://www.ceac.aston.ac.uk/