In message <199703180948.GAA00562@ibere.tecgraf.puc-rio.br> lua-l@tecgraf.puc-rio.br writes:

<snip>
 > What about output to a C++ ostream object?
 >
 > I have some luaL code to create a HTML document in a file declared as
 > a C++ output stream.  I can't send lua objects directly to it, but
 > have to lua routines with e.g. string arguments which are passed at
 > the C++ level to the object.
 >
 > John

Probably more elegant, but requires a C++ cross-compiler for the target, or
manual use of Cfront on the host. C++ compilers for popular chips *are*
becoming more available, but there's a lot of people in comp.arch.embedded
complianing about astronomical prices at the moment...

--  Mark Ian Barlow                Non-Linear Control Consultants Ltd.
    Mark@nlcc.demon.co.uk            Voice / Fax: +44 (0)1207 562 154