[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] Lua 5.4.1 (rc1) now available
- From: Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@...>
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 17:59:24 -0300
> The bug is due to table rehashing might happen VERY often,
> and each rehash costs O(n), hence the quadratic time complexity.
> In a correct implementation it is wise to expect O(n) table operations done
> before the next rehash happens.
- Functionally, the behavior is exactly as expected.
- Hash tables can behave O(n) in worst-case situations.
- As you said, the manual says nothing about performance.
So, I don't see any bug here. (Of course, it would be better if we could
improve the perforance of tables.)