[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: [ANN] tnetstrings.lua 1.0.0
- From: Josh Simmons <simmons.44@...>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 21:49:31 +1000
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 7:42 PM, Pierre Chapuis <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:36:57 +1000, Josh Simmons wrote:
>> Being a binary format it's not easy to parse in other languages, and
>> it's not backwards compatible with our old stuff. Being able to bind
>> it from another language isn't the same as being able to easily
>> implement it in another language.
> I used to think the same, and then I found
> This looks like a reasonably simple implementation to me, and if it's
> do-able in JS it should be possible in about anything.
> Pierre 'catwell' Chapuis
That's quite interesting.
At any rate Florian, I've fixed up those things you mentioned. In 1.1
I automatically treat any table with a non-zero # as an array, and I
parse using offsets rather than by cutting up the string through the
recursion. Combined with some other little efforts I've made a bit of
a performance increase, although not dramatic (within my test
With a not-particularly-representative trivial benchmark, I'm now
seeing speeds about 25% faster than LuaJSON when round tripping 1GB of
data (1 million messages) using LuaJIT.