[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: [ANN] tnetstrings.lua 1.0.0
- From: Josh Simmons <simmons.44@...>
- Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 22:19:59 +1000
A library implementing tagged netstrings in Lua.
About Tagged Netstrings
TNetStrings stand for a "tagged netstrings" and are a modification of
Dan Bernstein's netstrings specification to allow for the same data
structures as JSON but in a format that meets these requirements:
* Trivial to parse in every language without making errors.
* Resistant to buffer overflows and other problems.
* Fast and low resource intensive.
* Makes no assumptions about string contents and can store binary data
without escaping or encoding them.
* Backward compatible with original netstrings.
* Transport agnostic, so it works with streams, messages, files,
anything that's 8-bit clean.
My implementation is available on github