[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Re: Speed of C-to-Lua calls
- From: Adrian Perez <moebius.lists@...>
- Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:28:28 +0100
El Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:25:21 -0500
"Evan DeMond" <firstname.lastname@example.org> escribió:
> It'd be something like:
> * One call for parsing
> * One to three calls or so to fetch parsed message pieces as needed
> (keeps code simple)
> * Possibly an additional call for user scripting
I am pretty sure you could even do far more C-to-Lua calls without
noticing appreciable slowdown. In fact I am sure you could code your
IRC client entirely in Lua using Diego Nehab's luasocket =)
The two rules for optimizing existing working code:
1. Do not optimize your code.
2. For experts only: Do not optimize your code yet.
Corollary: Usually correct code is fast enough.
-- (David Given)