[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- Subject: Changes in LuaBinaries
- From: Antonio Scuri <scuri@...>
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:26:26 -0300
We would like to thank you all for the feedback about the LuaBinaries
After many contributions and discussions we decided to change some
- add /GL parameter on vc7 to improve optimization
- rebuild all the dynamic libraries in UNIX with the -fPIC parameter on gcc
- rebuild all the executables in UNIX with the -Wl,-E parameter on gcc when
possible. (today only on Linux)
(the executable will still use the static libraries)
- rebuild all the executables in Windows to use the dynamic libraries.
- join the two libraries in only one library.
Only the Lua 5 builds will be changed. The new release will be named
"LuaBinaries 5.0.2 Build 2" indicating that is not a new release of Lua but a
new build of the LuaBinaries distribution.
We are still open for discussions. Please comments and suggestions are