Lua 5.1 has an incremental garbage collector for memory management. This page contains some links relating to garbage collection in Lua and garbage collection in general.
General pages with links
Specific topics and papers
- This Dr Dobbs article, Java Garbage Collection for Real-Time Systems , contains an informative introduction to garbage collection. It has some ideas on non-disruptive garbage collection. (This paper has an alternative name, No Silver Bullet - Garbage Collection for Java in Embedded Systems ! )
- Boehm-Demers-Weiser conservative garbage collector .
- Incremental Mature Garbage Collection Using the Train Algorithm .
- Cyclic reference counting with Lazy Mark Scan - Rafael D. Lins 
- Non-Compacting Memory Allocation and Real-Time Garbage Collection (1996) Mark S. Johnstone .
Lua Garbage Collection Links
RecentChanges · preferences
edit · history
Last edited September 21, 2008 1:33 am GMT (diff)