This is a simple explanation on creating a Visual Studio Project for the lua scripts used in your project. The results of this should cause your scripts to be compiled (with a .o extension) and any errors will appear in the errors box in visual studio.
Hope this helps
Step 1: Create the project.
Step 2: Download the following files
- put them in your project directory (or somewhere global if you prefer)
- luaVS.bat is a simple wrapper for luac that outputs Visual Studio friendly errors
- Lua.Rules is the rules file for handling .lua files
Step 3: Set up the project
- Goto Project->Custom Build Rules
- Click Find Existing
- Find the Lua.Rules file
- Make sure its checked, and hit ok.
Some other things:
A Microsoft demo on using lua with visual studio
Also LuaLangPack?  for getting some good highlighting for VS2005. See this CodePlex? page  for VS2008+ integration.
Comments: I've removed my old method for doing this. If its useful to someone, Check out Revision 6 of this page.
RecentChanges · preferences
edit · history
Last edited December 5, 2009 3:49 am GMT (diff)