I've done C/C++ for a _long_ time (over 30% of my life... gosh!) ;) and sincerely know it's not the best of tools for everything. For me, Lua makes the perfect companion for it, covering areas s.a. string and table management where C would end up being a pointer jungle. I want to marry the two (well, they already are).
My Lua contributions:
- NOTE: LuaX is considered dead, and unsupported at best. See luaSuper et.al. below.
- SDL, Serial and other bindings to Lua, and the GluaX binding interface
- NOTE: distribution of these awaiting LuaRocks
- NOTE: luaSuper is still under work in Nov-07
My Lua opinions / complaints:
- would like to have LNUM patch included
- would like to have built-in (Lua/C API level) support for family-aware enumerations/bitfields
- would like my employers to start using Lua (for their own good and joy)
- the rest can be achieved via luaSuper :)
Yours in Moonlight,
RecentChanges · preferences
edit · history
Last edited November 22, 2007 1:45 am GMT (diff)