On Fri, 24 Nov 2023 at 20:26, Claudio Grondi <claudio.grondi@freenet.de> wrote:
What comes to my mind about the by you mentioned issue with proportional and also monospaced fonts is that you are right ... most don't care about clear difference between ambiguous letters. As this problem can in aviation lead to severe issues, there is a font which tries to provide a solution:

B612 font test text

That one? I do not think it is too good. Personally, slashed/dotted zeroes and serifs in some capitals go a long way towards avoiding confusion. I like the default Debian xfce monospace font, or Hack, my personal favorite, do a much better job:

image.png
Note strategically chosen serifs in Monospace. Hack has a show up page https://sourcefoundry.org/hack/

On the above, I find the lack of slashed-zero is bad, distinguishing A0B from AOB is difficult otherwise. JIK and J|K are also difficult without serifs.

Francisco Olarte.