On Sat, Sep 30, 2023 at 4:29 PM Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:

FreeBSD has Lua included by default in the base system. It's used for scripting in the boot loader. And we use it for different scripting in the base system. However, it's not yet officially exposed to users, though. We're doing our part....

The Lunatik Project makes Lua available in the Linux kernel.

Article a few years ago describing Lunatik in some detail: <https://lwn.net/Articles/830154/>

Project Github page: <https://github.com/luainkernel

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National Security Agency neither confirms nor denies that it intercepted this message.]
                                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯