Sorry for being so insistive, but it would be really VERY interesting
for me, if I could keep a main part of my loaded Lua code in ROM,
without need to duplicate it into my "valuable RAM space".

... E. g. if I want to load a Lua file of ca. 200kB Code data and
"thrifty data use" of e. g. 20kB Gobal data into Lua interpreter, I
would be very happy if this works well in a single chip controller
with 80kB available heap RAM and 300kB available ROM for Lua - this
really would be super-great....

Restriction to pre-compiled code in ROM is fine for me... .

Any hints, where to start in the Lua source code to accomplish this/
gain some appreciable amount of "saved heap RAM"?