One additional question relating to the project history.

Looking at

https://www.lua.org/versions.html
and
https://www.lua.org/ftp/
and
https://github.com/lua/lua/tag

the release dates on the versions page  and the dates of the release tar.gz files don't match up except occasionally.  Sometimes, but not always, they match up with the release tag date.  Which ones are considered the definitive release date?

Thanks,
Roger