>> If the overhead bugs you then introduce a local variable that you assign th$
> And be prepared in two months time to do much head-scratching as you try to $

That's what comments are for, no?

> I always figure that if you are coming up with clever workarounds and sugges$

Sometimes.  But sometimes the problem is ugly enough that you _need_
workarounds.  And even if not, sometimes a quick workaround in an hour
or two is a righter answer than a day or two redesigning various
pieces.  (But sometimes not, too.  Knowing which way to go on that sort
of point is part of the skill of programming.)

Just comment the result properly :-)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@rodents-montreal.org