> A good example set if you've never used LPEG (like me)

For those who, like me, are not savvy as to what the term LPeg stands for here’s the first paragraph from a PDF file linked from one of the videos linked by the original poster:

“LPeg is a pattern-matching library for Lua, based on Parsing Expression Grammars. LPeg performs all tasks of a typical regex system, but it goes well beyond that. Among other tasks, we can write entire parsers with LPeg, with scanners included.”