> While the current behavior may seem unintuitive at first sight, I think it i$

Agreed, but I also think there would be a place for something that says
"interpolate all the values produced by this expression into this
arglist here".  (Maybe there already is; I don't recall one, but I'm
new enough to Lua that I don't have it all in my head yet.)  It just
needs to be distinctive so it's obvious when reading code that that's
what's going on.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML		mouse@rodents-montreal.org