Just wanted to confirm, is this report has been registered as an issue?

Can confirm the problem exists.

--
Regards, Alex
On 12.09.2022 17:49, John Belmonte wrote:
Sorry, I was mistakenly attributing error() problems to traceback().

traceback() does start the traceback at level, while error() does not (level affects the location prepended to the string message only).

I think this issue with error() has been raised in the past, nothing new.

actual code this time:

    function foo()
        print(debug.traceback('hi from traceback', 2))  -- level 2, hide foo()
        error('hi from error', 2)
    end

    function bar()
        foo()